• Welcome to Sensible Investors, if you wish to comment on any threads and join the Sensible Investors community Click here.

Chubb (CB)

raph

Regular Investor
May 29, 2021
I have been researching a few different companies recently that are not sexy stock and one I liked the look of was Chubb (CB) it ticks virtually every box I look at when I evaluate stock. Not too high a 5 year average P/E, revenue and income growth and no or little share dilation as some examples. I also ran it through my DCF model and at the current price it is in and around where I would be looking to pay for the company, while I haven’t had a chance to do a deeper dive just yet I did have a quick look on tipranks and it has a decent upside potential their too so my question is has anyone done a deeper dive on them?

Reactions: Smart Finance

Smart Finance

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 23, 2021
gumroad.com
I have been researching a few different companies recently that are not sexy stock and one I liked the look of was Chubb (CB) it ticks virtually every box I look at when I evaluate stock. Not too high a 5 year average P/E, revenue and income growth and no or little share dilation as some examples. I also ran it through my DCF model and at the current price it is in and around where I would be looking to pay for the company, while I haven’t had a chance to do a deeper dive just yet I did have a quick look on tipranks and it has a decent upside potential their too so my question is has anyone done a deeper dive on them?
This looks quite interesting one. Very low P/E ratio (13.04), nice profit margins. Dividend yield is small but so is the payout ratio so should see some dividend growth from this stock, seems they have a DGR of around 3% per year. They have decent margins with a profit margin of 21% which is nice to see. Seems they are a bit leveraged with a current ratio of .34 is something id look more into. Peg ratio of 0.84 so seems maybe a little expensive for its growth. Constantly beaten earnings over the last 4 years with a growing revenue which is good to see. Just looking at their SP chart it seems they are healthy. If you don't need yield it looks like could be a good one.

Reactions: raph

raph

Regular Investor
May 29, 2021
I am going to look at the 10k and dig a little deeper but i do like what i see i found about half a dozen of them over the last few day's so it is a lot of reading ahead