• Welcome to Sensible Investors, if you wish to comment on any threads and join the Sensible Investors community Click here.

Side Hustle Ideas - The Lottery

Youngandsucessfullady

Rookie Investor
Mar 15, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Bet you didn't see that one coming! šŸ¤£

On a serious note: The lottery allows people to win money and this is the first biggest reason people play the lottery.

Some people are sold on the story that their lottery tickets "makes big changes happen" as a portion of their money is used to affect the economy positively.

On the other end of the spectrum you have people who see the lottery as a regressive tax on the poor, its gambling, a mind game, wasteful spending...etc

I don't disagree with anyone... I'll like to win the lottery and retire next week if possible....but I don't stand a chance of winning because I don't play the lottery.
You've got to be in it to win it right?

Some people actually add the cost of their lottery tickets to their monthly budget which I think is a clever thing.
Your money... your choice.

The odds of you winning the lottery are not great but the potential winnings are life changing!

So why have I added it on as a source of income you might ask.... Because I do play a form of lottery I like to describe as a "no loss lottery"

As the name implies, I am getting involved in a lottery but without losing my money... Watch out for part 2... !

Last edited:
Reactions: Smart Finance